Pav Bhaji

Wow! A platter of colorful vegetables. What else could you expect from a person like me who loves different colors and a variety of vegetables? It is actually good to eat a colorful variety of fruits and vegetables by means of which you are giving your body a wide range of nutrients that are important for good health. Each color offers something unique, like different vitamins and minerals that work together to protect your health. So try and include as much in your diet.
Having said all this, I only made use of the veg to make a fast food snack - Pav bhaji :)
C'mon u can't eat low calorie food all the time :P
But you can make this healthier by reducing the amount of potatoes and butter. I did omit the potatoes today mainly because I didnt have any but compensated by adding more butter than usual :P Easier said than done



Ingredients:
Peas (unshelled) 1/4 kg
onions 1/4 kg
potatoes - 350g
carrots 1/4 kg
beans 1/4 kg
red and yellow bell peppers 1 each
cauliflower 1
Butter 1 table spoon
coriander 1 bunch
tomatoes 1/4 kg
chilli powder 3 tsp
pav bhaji powder 3 tsp
ginger(small piece),garlic 6,green chillies 6 - ground to a paste
salt to taste

Method:
1. Cut the veggies into fine pieces and pressure cook
2. Add a little butter to the pan and fry finely chopped onions till light brown.
3. Add the ground paste(I was lazy to grind so just added the ready-made ginger garlic paste and crushed chillies) and fry well
4. Add the dry powders, tomatoes and cooked veg. Mix well and add some more butter
5. Roast the pav bun with a little butter over a tawa.
6. Serve it hot with chopped coriander, raw onions and squeeze a lime
Sending this to Sunday Snacks - Chaats hosted by Pallavi.

2 comments:

skullz said...

I just chanced upong your blog from another blog and I am thinking that this blog should be a perfect Bhariya Nari's guide to cooking secrets for bachelors like me

Hope to refer it soon. As soon as I try some cooking in my room. :)

Sree vidya said...

Hey Thanx
Keep visiting
That will be a motivation for me to update the blog on a regular basis