Posted by Sree vidya at 2:29 PM
Veg fried rice, made the Chinese way, is my all time favorite. I have already posted the recipe for Chinese Fried Rice here. This recipe is a slight variation. Not sure if eating same kind of food bores people but definitely stereotyped cooking disinterests me. I love to tweak recipes; many a times, rebuild my own recipes during each attempt. I would never make a dish, the same way. Well, mostly. For some recipes, I have done a code freeze and don't intend to change it.I have made Chinese Fried rice in several ways and this is one such method. This is the first ever dish, I cooked on my own. That happened during my college days. I have always helped my mother in kitchen but never attempted to make a complete dish, all by myself. So definitely this is a memorable recipe.
Cooked rice - 1.5 cups (1.5 times the amount of vegetables you use) I used the normal raw rice this time. You can also use basmathi or long grained rice.
Onions - 1 medium chopped thin, lengthwise
Carrots, beans finely chopped and microwaved for a min by sprinkling a little water - 1 cup (This is to retain the color. If you do not have a microwave, you can skip this and fry a bit extra later)
Spring onions to garnish (Save the onions)
Green chilles - shredded 2 medium
Celery sticks - half a stick chopped
Sugar 1 tsp
White pepper powder 1 tsp
Soy sauce - 1 tsp
Garlic - chopped fine - 2 pods
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
1. Heat the oil, add the sugar. Wait for 30 seconds and add the garlic. Fry and add onions, green chillies. Then add the onions from the bottom portion of spring onions, celery sticks.
2. Add carrots, beans. Fry over high flame for a min or two. Add salt, soy sauce.
3. Switch off and mix the cooked rice. Adjust the salt, mix white pepper. Reheat, fry over high flame for a min.
4. Garnish with spring onions and serve with gobi manchurian.
This time I served the rice with a simple cauliflower & paneer curry. Will post the recipe soon.
Labels: rice variety
aloo (4) award (2) baking (2) cakes (1) chaat (2) chinese (3) chutney (4) dal (2) dry curry (18) gravy (17) gujarathi (1) halwa (1) hyderabadi (1) JFI event (1) kids lunch event (6) Kwik Fix Series (9) leftover (1) lessons learnt (1) main course (21) masala powder (2) Mithai Mela event (1) mushrooms (1) nuts (2) okra (2) palakkad (1) paneer (2) pasta (1) payasam (1) punjabi (11) rasam (1) Repost (1) rice variety (13) shakes (2) snacks (12) soups (4) spinach (4) starter (5) sweets (10) tag (2) Thokku (1) tiffin (2)
- Gulab Jamun ~ ICC October 2009
- Awards from Sanghi
- Kala Channa Masala
- Happy Deepavali!
- Moong Dhall Burfi
- Pani Puri / Gol Gappa
- Awards time again!
- Kwik Fix Series # 9 - Okra hot & sour gravy
- Raining awards again!
- Cauliflower Paneer Pepper Curry
- Veg Fried Rice ~ Version 2
- A Giant Bear Hug
- Kwik Fix Series # 8 - Grilled Paneer & Carrot San...
- ▼ October (13)