Aloo 65


Aloo 65 is a spicy curry with the versatile potato. You can deep fry the potatoes to serve as a starter. I chose to shallow fry it to pair up with rice, also saving oil. The curry was perfectly spicy for a cold winter night.

Ingredients:

Baby potatoes - half a kg
Curd - 1 cup
Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
Garam Masala - 2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste - 3 tsp
Tandoori Color - optional (I didn't use it)
Salt to taste

For Seasoning:
Jeera - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Mustard - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - handful
Cilantro for garnishing


Method:
1. Pressure cook the potatoes. Peel the skin and prick roughly using a fork.
2. Mix the dry powders, ginger garlic paste in the curd. Soak the potatoes in this mixture for 2 hrs.
3. Heat oil, season with mustard and jeera. Add the potatoes along with the mixture. Roast over slow flame till golden. Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with rice.


You can follow the same recipe for paneer 65 and Gobi 65. Both will taste good when deep fried.
Before deep frying, coat with corn flour batter.

Check out my other potato delicacies - Dum Aloo fry, Fiery hot potato fry, Dum Aloo Gravy

Rohini of curries & spices has passed on this beautiful award. Thanks Dear.


12 comments:

Sanghi said...

Wow.. vidya kalakura! Yummy baby potatoes.. Potato 65 looks new to me! Will surely try it!;)

kitchen queen said...

Lovely mouth watering aloo 65, nice picture.

Nithya said...

Looks really interesting.. yummmm.. anything with potato is my favorite always. :)

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

hey mouthwatering potatoes.looks yummy.bookmarked.

Rohini said...

SLURP!! Potatoes! Even if you wake me out of the bed in the middle of the night and feed me these, I can have it without any grudges! So this one also goes to my "must-try" list :)

Priya Suresh said...

Slurppp!! lipsmacking dish..

lata raja said...

Unakkum recipekkum serththu suththhi podumma. So nicely made potato65!

Vrinda said...

Yummy baby potatoes...simple yet tasty...

Anupama said...

Wow wow wow... just mouth-watering! Wonder how you get all these great ideas :-)

Sandhya Hariharan said...

Beautifully done .. Vidya..
Can see ur posts flowing now.. like before!!

vidhas said...

potaotoes are my all tiem favourite. sounds yum! will try soon, mouthwatering picture.

my kitchen said...

Mouthwatering Aloo,cant take my eyes from picture,delicious